History and Today

 

Historical View of Sobotín Castle

 

 

All the most important historical milestones of origin of the Sobotín Castle happened in the 19th century.
 
In the place of the present castle there was a factory for metal goods originally, which Andreas Eisenbach, a displaced person from Podgorze in Halič, had rented from the state, and who was oriented in production of shot weapons and edged weapons in connection with Napoleonic wars. The factory burnt up in 1819, nevertheless it was built newly and operated further under the name  K. u k. Stahl und  Metallwarenfabrik des Andreas Eisenbach.
 
Earl Antonín Bedřich Mitrovský, owner of the Earldom Loučná, bought the factory after the Eisenach’s death in 1833 and a small castle on its place probably in 1834.
 
The Sobotín ironworks were sold also with all the Sobotín-Loučná Earldom after the death of Earl Mitrovský in 1842 to brothers Klein in 1844, who continued in development of this already before successful company. Brothers Klein entered in history of the industrial revolution due to his effort in development of the railway industry and Sobotín became an important industrial center on the territory of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy in this way.
 
Due to a vantage ground close to the ironworks the generations of brothers Klein began to build the Sobotín Castle till the shape known before its present reconstruction since 1844. The castle was rebuilt step-by-step in the romantic appearance. Together with the construction of the castle also the original small pond was extended to a large amenity pond and the back lands were changed into a natural park, where exotic woody plants were planted as Rocky Mountain fir, yellow buckeye, burr oak, Norman fir, Turkish hazel, oriental plane, Jezo spruce etc. A large greenhouse was built and the park was fitted with a fountain, cast statues and further artistic artefacts produced in the Ironworks Klein. The reconstruction of the castle and exterior in the era of owners of the Klein family was finished in 1892. 
 
The castle was used for purposes of the Forestry training center and Cookery and waiter vocational school after 1945.
 
Mine Dukla Havířov was the owner of the castle since 1967, which used it as a holiday resort in the seventies of the 20th century. During the seventies further buildings were added to the Sobotín castle for organizing bigger actions; these buildings corresponded to architectural conception of facilities for social and cultural enjoyment that time.
 
The castle reconstruction from 1989 – 1991 meant only a partial modernization to provide hotel services of better quality. The pond was changed in natural bathing establishment and a mini-golf playground was established in the park.
 
The Hroch family from Bludov became a new owner in 2012.

 

 

Present Events in Sobotín Castle

 

The owner formulated an intention to re-build the for-long-uncared-for castle into a luxurious castle hotel resort with a wide offer of services of the top quality and scope. The castle premises went through a complex and demanding change. The castle building was reconstructed and solved in such architectonically and structurally original way to provide perfect comfort and luxury to its visitors. Accommodation and restauration capacities were extended massively. Large cellar areas and underground corridors were reconstructed, which interconnected Castle Hotel Klein, Wellness Hotel Sidonie and newly built Sport & Family Hotel Josef mutually as three bearing resort buildings with architecturally united exteriors. The resort includes also Brewery Albert, Roadside inn Permoník and further facilities, the usage of which is only planned.


Castle Hotel Klein was drawn in exterior and interior as a romantic castle hotel with emphasis on responsibility for style accidence and working procedures of individual handicrafts. Exclusively materials of top quality were used for reconstructions and the most volume of exquisite workmanship was manual only. The castle interior was drawn in several basic historicist styles, which take up the retained elements from the Klein era. Wooden cassette ceilings, doors, wall paneling, casement windows, baroque mantelpiece, staircase, brass mounting etc. belong among the most interesting preserved interior elements in the castle. Contemporary originals from private archives were a template for production of copies of the furniture and they were produced at specialists for castle interiors. Individual rooms were equipped with original furniture, true copies of historical templates and newly acquired antiquities of the contemporary interior culture. The hotel disposes of a double restaurant with a view in the park and decorative pond. There are two original cassette ceilings and a baroque bar in the restaurant. Walls are decorated with gilded console lamps and contemporary oil paintings. The table and sitting furniture is made-to-measure according to the design. The entry hall of the hotel is equipped in the pseudo-Renaissance style and is decorated with a wooden entry gantry with cassette facing, gilded lights on the ceiling and walls, wood-carving of the Klein family sign and original renovated sculptural group of St. Hubert with a life-sized deer. This rare sculptural group was produced in the Klein iron-foundry and it was placed in the longitudinal axe of the hall in its end as a symbol and memento of the Klein era of the castle. There is a reception in the neogothic English-German style on one side next to the hall, with a Nuremberg chandelier and symbology of the Klein family; on the other side there is a neogothic wine room with fireplace in the hunting lobby bar. The wine room has monumental original arched ceilings and is fitted with two bars and many hunting trophies. Furniture and bars are made-to-measure from mahogany massif manually. The original staircase leads to the first floor decorated with console lamps, richly performed forged stair-rails, original hunting trophies, gilded vases and historical pictures. The staircase leads in the L-shaped floor with cassette wall paneling, pictures and original baroque mantelpiece increased by a military trophy as a heritage of the aboriginal castle owner, an armament king Andreas Eisenbach. There is a view of the court through large windows out of the floor and on the opposite side there is a raw of original doors leading to the wedding lounge and to nine luxurious suites with interiors from different style periods called according to the most important members of the Klein family. On the second floor, where the staircase continues, there are 9 historically stylishly equipped rooms and one suite with views of all sides of the castle. The castle building is crowned by architecturally originally taken “Sunny bath Marie“ with a withdrawable sun terrace designed for intimate sunbath and with the view to a long distance in all points of the compass.

 

Wellness Hotel Sidonie arose through a complex reconstruction of a public building built in the seventieth of the 20th century in the socialistic realism style. The building is coated with natural stone and surrounded by a close passable terrace. The roof was fitted with dormers and slate tiles as the castle. The main entrance was shifted so that the public is waited with regard to the comfort of clients near by the castle hotel. In the basement floor of the wellness hotel there will be facilities for sport and relax, which includes 5 saunas with cooling rooms, 6 whirlpools for hydrotherapy, beer spa and three massage and physiotherapy rooms all will be available at the end of the year 2017. In the glassed first floor with view of the castle and its surroundings there is a swimming pool sized 15x7 meters, one whirlpool, and wine room with equipment. On the second floor there are two congress halls with projection and equipment. On the third floor there are 12 hotel rooms available.

Sport & Family Hotel Josef will provide accommodation in 33 rooms after finishing, covered tennis hall, table tennis halls, fitness, four bowling lines with bar, aerobic hall, billiard room, two lounges with own kitchen, 14 garages and 28 parking places.

 

Brewery Albert was built-up alongside of the castle. In the basement there is technology to produce beer, which can be seen through glass sights in the alehouse floor in the first ground floor. There are copper kettles and rustic sitting with the view of the castle in the alehouse. On the first floor there is newly built fashionably equipped accommodation. Beer from this small brewery has original taste and has endeared of its consumers very quickly.

 

Roadside inn Permoník is placed in the original building from the 20th century at the road route Šumperk – Rýmařov and provides meal capacity for 70 guests and outside sitting for further 20 guests. The restaurant interior was styled with regard to the mining tradition from the period, when the castle with the roadside inn was owned by the mine Důl Dukla. The park-site takes 40 - 50 cars and connects the roadside inn with the castle resort by means of a private way.

 

In the near future the Castle Resort Sobotín will be extended by adventure, golf, rope centrum, tennis courts, mini-zoo for children, ski area with a ski slope, car wash and interesting actions to improve the stay for guests of the castle resort in better quality.

 

Newsletter

We will inform you about special offers and upcoming events. Only your e-mail address has to be filled.

100%
Recensions of guests

Watch resort
WEBCAMERA